CDS Horse of the Year Championships Qualifying Requirements
CDS will require a $25 nomination fee PER HORSE/RIDER COMBINATION - for CDS Championship classes. Nomination fees can be paid at any time during the show season but must be paid before the closing date.
- OPEN Horse of the Year classes will consist of ONE RIDE of the highest level, judged by two judges
- ADULT AMATEUR AND JUNIOR Horse of the Year classes will consist of TWO RIDES of the highest level, judged by two judges
Three divisions are offered at the CDS Annual Show: Open and Adult Amateur at Training through Grand Prix Levels and JR/YR Divisions at Training through PSG. Freestyle classes are open divisions. Competitors under the age of 22 are eligible for the JRYR divisions.
- Open Division: Open to all qualified competitors.
- Adult Amateur Division: Open to qualified competitors holding an US Equestrian Amateur card who are 22 years of age and older.
- Junior Young Rider Division: Open to competitors under 22 years of age.
|Level||Scores / Percent (or better)||Number of Different Judges|
|Training Level*||5 / 65%||four|
|Training AA*||5 / 63%||four|
|Training JRYR*||5 / 63%||four|
|Level I||5 / 64%||four|
|Level I AA||5 / 62%||four|
|Level I JRYR||5 / 62%||four|
|Level II||5 / 63%||four|
|Level II AA||5 / 61%||four|
|Level II JRYR||5 / 61%||four|
|Level III||5 / 62%||four|
|Level III AA||5 / 60%||four|
|Level III JRYR||5 / 60%||four|
|Level IV||5 / 62%||four|
|Level IV AA||5 / 60%||four|
|Level IV JRYR||5 / 60%||four|
|Prix St. Georges||3 / 62%||two|
|Prix St. Georges AA||3 / 60%||two|
|Prix St. Georges JRYR||3 / 60%||two|
|Intermediare I||3 / 62%||two|
|Intermediare I AA||3 / 60%||two|
|Intermediare II||3 / 60%||two|
|Intermediare II AA||3 / 60%||two|
|Grand Prix||3 / 60%||two|
|Grand Prix AA||3 / 60%||two|
|Freestyle 1st - 4th||2 / 64%||two|
|Freestyle Int-1 - GP||2 / 62%||two|
- For training level, the horse must be at least 4 years old.
- For all levels, the scores may be earned from any test of the level.
- Scores must be earned during the current show season.
- When two (2) or more judges score a single ride, the combination of judges counts as one judge and the average of their scores counts as one score.
- The CHAMPION and RESERVE horse-rider combinations that have competed in the CDS Horse of the Year Championship Competition at Levels Training and First are no longer eligible to compete at those levels for CDS awards. Freestyles are exempt from this restriction. They may, however, compete for USEF and USDF awards at those levels.