- The effective date of CDS horse registration is the date the appropriate paperwork and horse registration fees are received by CDS.
- CDS horse registration applications may be faxed or mailed to the CDS office, or submitted online. Applications submitted online will be processed the following business day.
- A horse does not have to be registered with a breed registry to be registered with CDS. However, if your horse is registered with a breed registry, please submit a copy of the breed registry papers so that pedigree and breeder information can be recorded with CDS and considered official. Certain award programs (i.e. CDS All-Breeds Awards) require that a copy of breed registry papers be sent to CDS.
- If you have purchased a CDS registered horse, please review CDS’s transfer of ownership instructions.
- If you lease a CDS registered horse, please submit a notarized Lease Recording Form.
- Your horse's registration certificate will arrive approximately four weeks after applying for CDS horse registration.
- Once your horse’s registration has been processed, verification of horse registration will be available.
- Registration fee is $10 per year, or $100 for lifetime.
FILLABLE APPLICATION FORM